Keyword outlining

This board is for discussion of Classical Writing - Aesop. CW Aesop teaches writing through rewriting of shorter stories, like fables.

Keyword outlining

Postby Sweet Tea » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Couls you explain more about Keyword outlining to me? We are new the the Classical approach, and I am not quite sure how to introduce this concept to my daughter. My understanding is that for each sentence of the model, we write three or four words that capture the meaning or expression of the sentence. Should she be required to use those words or the vocabulary words in her narration? Or are the keywords simply to jog her memory? Also should the first draft be written on the same day as the outline or should it "simmer" for a day?
Sweet Tea

Re: Keyword outlining

Postby admin » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:31 am

You've got the right idea for the keyword outline. Whether or not you require her to use those words in her narration is up to you. If the outline captures the essence of the sentence and the narration retells the story, she's done a good job. It's not necessary to tie the words from one to the other.

The draft can be written on the same day as the outline, or not. Simmering is always good!
admin
Site Admin

Return to Book I: Aesop --- Beginning Narrative Writing