starting two students

This is a board for specific questions regarding Classical Writing for those who have not purchased any books in our series yet.

starting two students

Postby HMorgan » Sat May 17, 2014 9:07 am

Hello,

I am considering using CW starting next year. I have two students - one going into 5th grade, the other going into 10th.

I want to make sure that I start both where they need but don't overbuy or waste time on levels that are below their abilities.

The 5th grader has been using Memoria Press curriculum. So, he has had two years of the MP grammar, and this year studied Classical Composition (Fable Stage).
The 10th grader has been using Abeka grammar and has completed both Level 1 and Level 2 of Lost Tools of Writing.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
HMorgan

Re: starting two students

Postby admin » Mon May 19, 2014 12:05 pm

So your 5th grader with that background should definitely go into Homer A.

Your 10th grader should do Aesop and Homer for Older Beginners in one semester, then go into Diogenes Maxim and then onto Herodotus (skipping Diogenes Chreia to conserve time).

If you need more info, first look at our web page www.classicalwriting.com and look at scope and sequence to determine whether my placements make sense in terms of what you know. And also, then post back here or email at inquiry@classicalwriting.com and we will discuss it further with you.

Sincerely, Lene Jaqua
admin
Site Admin

Return to IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING CLASSICAL WRITING....