CW Poetry beginners A question

This board is for discussion of Classical Writing - Poetry. CW - Poetry is a supplementary writing curriculum, which teaches writing through poetry. It is not part of the standard CW series, but it comes highly recommended as a book to go through 12 weeks out of every school year to expose your student to the art of poetry.

CW Poetry beginners A question

Postby matermultorum » Wed May 09, 2012 9:35 pm

I own the 2003 Core CW Poetry Beginners book. I don't want to get the A books for the children but I would like to save myself some of the planning time. Would the Instructor Guide to A help me with the planning or would I also need a copy of the workbook A to make sense of the instructor guide?

Thanks,
Kendall
matermultorum

Re: CW Poetry beginners A question

Postby admin » Thu May 10, 2012 6:10 am

Interesting question, Kendall. It could work, I think. Then again, I've been through the books backwards and forwards to trying to see what may or may not make sense without the workbook is a bit tricky. The preview for the A-levels cover Week 2. I'd recommend looking at the preview of the instructor's guide first and see if that will give you the sort of pre-planning you're looking for.

Carolyn
admin
Site Admin

Postby matermultorum » Thu May 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Is the preview of week 2 complete? I just see a checklist, the poem, and one page that has Teacher Helps and Notes which, except for the text in gray, seems less detailed than the Assignment sheet.

I just looked through the Workbook A sample and I think that might be better, especially if all of Week 2 is in the Instructor's Guide preview.

Thanks Caroyln!

Kendall
matermultorum

Postby admin » Thu May 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Yes, that's all there is. It's definitely not a stand-alone.

Carolyn
admin
Site Admin

Return to Poetry for Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced